Our Mission and How We Can Help
Who We Are and What We Do?
Have you been reported to your state board of nursing? Are you facing discipline by the board of nursing? Have you received an initial complaint letter or proposed charges from the nursing board? Or are you set to attend a board of nursing hearing? If you are in any of these positions call us, we can help.
We are a group of Registered Nurses and experienced Nurse Legal Consultants. We provide nurse led case management to assist nurses in responding to complaints received from State Boards of Nursing. We will work with you in formulating your defense and responses to the board of nursing. We assist nurses without attorney representation, or we will work with you and your license defense attorney.
Our team includes experienced nurses from a variety of clinical specialties. All of our nurse consultants have extensive clinical experience and are thoroughly familiar with the process of a nursing board investigation and the nursing board disciplinary process. We work with you by assigning you a Case Manager. A few of the services we offer are:
- Researching the applicable standard of care and evidenced based literature to rebut board of nursing charges;
- Address each allegation or charge as to how the Nurse Practice Act and applicable law was adhered to or breached.
- Identify mitigating circumstances or system errors that lead to the error or breach in the standard of care of Nurse Practice Act;
- Determining if the assigned nursing board investigator is qualified by experience, and education to speak to the standard of care being represented (nurse licensing investigators often are not experienced in the specialty area of nursing involved or they may not even be a nurse. Many investigators are criminal investigators with no nursing experience);
- Assistance in obtaining early the nurse’s board file and any evidence in the nursing board’s possession;
- Assistance with formulating questions to gather information from the board of nursing investigator to clarify the board’s position or theory of wrongdoing;
- Preparing the nurse to speak with the investigator without incriminating themselves;
- Assistance in writing rebuttal letters to the nursing board’s initial complaint, and later to proposed and any amended charges;
- Assistance with answering any correspondence from the board of nursing;
- Assistance with arranging either requested by the board of nursing, or to support the nurse’s defense, such things as toxicology testing, polygraphs, or personality testing (i.e. MMPI);
- Assistance with generally working up a case defense;
- Assistance in preparing the nurse for an informal hearing and testifying at informal hearings in the nurse’s defense (we have all participated in informal hearings) and,
- Attending board of nursing hearings and State Office of Administration Hearings, formal hearings or mediation and testifying as a consultant in the defense of the nurse (We have participated in hearings and mediation).
Our Mission is simple: to help you take on possibly the greatest challenge of your career in defending yourself and your license. We offer you support and someone to listen, to hear you. We also assist you in preparing and presenting your defense. We believe far too many nurses are falsely accused or overcharged by boards of nursing. We advocate for change in how board’s conduct themselves, at the legislative level, since boards of nursing generally, are without any oversight or regulation.
We have been in business since 2019. We have helped 20 nurses in several different states. Please see our recommendations. We have been successful in helping nurses defend themselves with our advocacy, resulting in dismissed or greatly reduced charges. We believe in a pro-active, ethical and professional approach.